Prep: 4 hours (inactive) 40 min (active) Yield: 9 squares
Matcha Lemon Bars Ingredients
For the crust
- 1 C quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 C King Arthur GF Measure-for-Measure flour (or all-purpose wheat flour)
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/4 coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 C Earth Balance Buttery Sticks (or butter), melted
For the filling
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, cream removed and water discarded
- 1 C raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours in water and then drained
- 2 T King Arthur GF Measure-for-Measure flour (or AP Wheat Flour)
- ½ C fresh lemon juice
- 2 T 10th Avenue Tea Lemon Matcha
- 1/2 C honey
- pinch of salt
- Mix flour and oats for crust together in a bowl.
- Pour in melted coconut oil and Earth Balance.
- Stir until crumbs form and then press into a parchment paper-lined 8 x 8 baking dish
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place all filling ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour over crust, and bake for another 25-30 minutes, until edges are brown and the center is set.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.